Safety & Hygeine
As part of our commitment towards keeping you, our staff and our PTs safe while in the gym. Please ensure you read the full gym rules below. By visiting Future Gym you are agreeing to the following rules. Failure to follow these may result in a temporary or permanent ban from visiting the Gym.
- Not visit the gym if you are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 or live with anyone showing symptoms or who has the virus.
- Wear face coverings when in the Gym. This is as per the government restrictions in Scotland.
- Follow the social distancing guidelines at all times while in the gym. These are displayed all around the gym, but please be mindful of any latest updates as and when released by the government.
- Wash or sanitise your hands thoroughly on entering the gym and regularly while in the gym. It is highly encouraged to do the same upon leaving the gym.
- Use the cleaning products provided around the gym to wipe down kit before using. You will find several cleaning stations and wipes in several locations throughout the gym for you to use.
- Do not bring any towels onto the gym floor, instead use the wipes available.
- Use the water fountains to fill up your water bottles, and do not drink directly from it.Failure to comply with any of the rules will result in you being asked to leave the gym.
General Gym rules
- Use your own membership fob when you visit the Gym. As it’s personal to you, please don’t let anyone else use it. We monitor fob usage by CCTV 24/7 to ensure the safety of our members and misuse may result in us applying additional charges to your membership fees. For full details of our fob abuse policy please refer to your Membership Terms and Conditions.
- You will be offered an induction programme upon your first visit to the gym, where you will be shown around the gym and how to properly use some of the equipment.. You are strongly advised to undertake this as Future Gym will not accept any liability for any claim for personal injury if you use the gym equipment having not undertaken an induction from a qualified member of staff.
- If you are unsure as to how to use any piece of equipment you must seek advice from a qualified member of the Future Gym staff before using such equipment.
- For your and other members safety, bags are not permitted onto the gym floor and correct attire must be worn when exercising i.e. suitable comfortable exercise clothing and appropriate footwear. Jeans, boots, flip-flops/sandals or work wear are not permitted. Football tops may also not be deemed appropriate in the gym. Any member not wearing suitable attire may be asked to leave the gym.
- You may not use the gym whilst under the influence of alcohol, narcotics, tranquilizers or any medication or other substance, which may affect your ability to exercise safely. Future Gym reserves the right to remove you from the premises if it reasonable believes you are unfit to use the facilities.
- You must put your weights back in their original place when finished. Failure to do so may result in your membership being terminated.
- Please do not misuse the weights by dropping them on the floor, failure to do so may result in your membership being terminated.
- Please do not take photographs/videos on the premises or post remarks to the internet that may identify another member.
- You must not behave in an aggressive, abusive, anti-social or threatening manner to any staff or member, any one doing so will have their membership terminated immediately and Future Gym reserves the right to contact the Police if deemed necessary.
- Only Future Gym licensed personal trainers are permitted to train members in the Gym unless granted express permission in writing from Future Gym. Anyone else undertaking members’ training will be asked to leave the gym immediately.
- Members are solely responsible for their own belongings whilst visiting Future Gym. We accept no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal property.
- Members are asked to only use the lockers for the duration of their training session. Lockers will be emptied at night and members items removed to lost property. Padlocks may be broken to gain access and will not be replaced by Future Gym.
- Although we will always endeavour to return any articles of lost property to the owner, we do not take responsibility for any item held in lost property. Such items will be kept until claimed, but for no longer than one week after which time the items will either be donated to charity or destroyed. In Scotland, and to Comply with the Civic Government of Scotland Act, valuable items of lost property will be passed to the local Police Station at the earliest convenience and all other items of lost property will be taken to the Regional Custodiers Department in bulk.
- Members must inform us of any change of contact and email address or telephone numbers. These changes can be made in the Members area of the Future Gym website.
- By accessing the gym and using the gym equipment members are deemed to have read and understood the terms and conditions of membership.
- Should your Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PARQ) result in you being required to discuss your intention to exercise with your doctor, please be aware that your subscription remains active and any fees collected are non-refundable.
- Smoking, including e- cigarettes are strictly prohibited in all areas of the gym. Any member found to be breach of this rule may have their membership terminated.
- Members may not bring any pets (other than official aid dogs) into the gym.
- No Powder chalk is permitted in the Gym. Please use liquid chalk only.
Class Booking rules
- Members must arrive promptly for class start times, late arrival may result in being refused entry to the class.
- Members are recommended to book in advance to ensure that a class has space for them.
- Members can book online eight days in advance for classes.
- Future Gym operates with a ‘three strikes’ non-attendance rule, whereby three no-shows within a 28 day rolling period will result in an eight day booking ban. Any future classes you have booked will also be cancelled. You must cancel your class at least two hours before it starts or this will be recorded as a no show.
- Our classes get full. If a member is unable to attend, they should cancel in advance of the class to avoid receiving a strike. If a class is full a member can book onto a waiting list. An email will be sent confirming the members place on the waiting list.
- Classes with attendance of one or less individuals may be subject to cancellation no less than two hours prior to the class start time. A notification will be sent via the app and email to our member(s) who may be affected.
- Members with extenuating circumstances impacting their ability to attend classes should contact Member Services.
Mon-Thu: 6:30am - 9pm
Fri: 6:30am - 8pm
Sat: 9am - 2pm
Sun: 9am - 2pm
Off-Peak hours: Daily 11am - 5pm